Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
The company has a long-standing experience in the wholesale business displaying speed, consistency and expertise regarding the demanding catering of shipping and airline companies, mass catering facilities like hotels, restaurants, cafés, catering services, hospitals and military units, as well as supermarkets, cash & carry etc.
Our long-standing experience and expertise enable us to offer certified products that satisfy customers’ special needs. In other words, we produce goods of guaranteed quality and competitive price. Due to our own distribution network, we offer a flexible and prompt service regarding the distribution of products.
Within the region of Crete, the distribution is effectuated twice a week in all geographic areas except for Ierapetra area where there is a one-week route.
In the rest of Greece, the distribution is effectuated by authorised transport companies ensuring the on-time delivering and the excellent shipping, as well as all storage and handling standards.
SAVOIDAKIS SA is committed to the constant achievement of the following objectives:
- Application, verification and constant improvement of the Quality Systems (ISO 9001:2008) and of the Food Safety and Hygiene Systems (ISO 22000:2005) as required by the law and by the trustful relationship with the customers.
- Constant education and training of the personnel regarding the Food Quality and Safety Systems so that it is able to contribute in the interest of the production of safe and quality goods as well as of the satisfaction of our customers.
In order to meet the quality and hygiene standards, Savoidakis SA collaborates with certified producers and suppliers. Moreover, it monitors all production process stages, from the incoming raw materials to the distribution of the products.
For the accomplishment of the required quality and hygiene standards, there are:
- Continuous internal controls and measurements regarding Quality and Hygiene
- Continuous external controls carried out by qualified food inspectors
- Continuous tests by accredited qualified laboratories to validate the compliance with the quality and safety requirements.
- Customer satisfaction surveys
Savoidakis SA is a certified company for the Quality System implementation according to the ISO 9001:2008 and for the Food Safety Management System (ISO 22000:2005).
A number of products have also the certification PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) by AGROCERT.
A “geographical indication” (GI) is a sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin (place, region or country) and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin. In order to function as a GI, a sign must identify a product as originating in a given place. In addition, the qualities, characteristics or reputation or at least one of the production stages of the product should be essentially due to the place of origin.
Products with the label “CRETE” authorised by the Region of Crete in collaboration with the Agronutritional Cooperation: the quality label “CRETE” refers to standards that certify the characteristics QUALITY-SAFETY-LOCALE at all levels of production, from the producer to the final consumer.